|Photo courtesy Colorado Railroad Museum|
For model railroaders, the connection is obvious. Painters and photographers can develop a great deal of closeup work with the various textures and flavors. Historians can definitely find a new project or two. Volunteers could do with an application for work and then an application of their skills. Sometimes any unrelated field might benefit from time spent there. You just never know where lightning will strike.
Here's a short list (and a map) of year-round museums you can try:
- Colorado Railroad Museum, Denver
- Forney Transportation Museum, Denver
- Pikes Peak Historic Street Railway, Colorado Springs
- Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Museums, Durango
- Pueblo Railway Museum
- Greeley Freight Station Museum
- Glenwood Railroad Museum, Glenwood Springs (4 days/wk)
- Ridgway Railroad Museum (free)
- San Luis Valley Museum, Alamosa (railroad memorabilia)
Map: Year Round Railroad Museums in Colorado
View Year Round Railroad Museums in Colorado 2013 in a larger map
or take it with you on your phone!
Happy hunting! ◊