Note that many of the jobs can be done any day of the week, not just weekends. Let us know when you are available.
The grounds and equipment should be made really spiffy for the spring season.
- General grounds clean-up. Raking, picking up leaves and trash, etc.
- General museum clean up, including washing windows.
- Clean interiors of cars and cabooses.
- Move a pile of iron to the back of the property.
Urgent Tasks and Projects:
- Wax and buff the Coors switcher and the Rio Grande 5771 diesel-electric. (These projects will take many hours over several days, but we need people to start right away.)
- Move boxes of store inventory to another storeroom.
- Dig hole and install new fence post in cement base.
- Remove boxes stored in a passenger car, and clean it out.
- General cataloging
- Inventory boxes of materials to be sure they are posted on the computer files.
- Skilled woodworker to rebuild a cowcatcher.
- Roofers to re-roof Burlington 96 and Midland 111.
- Lay down crossings between tracks at two locations.
- Scrape down locomotive #5629 and get it ready for painting.
- Sheet metal workers
- Skilled carpenters
- Skilled wood refinishers
- Skilled machinists