First, Boulder and Longmont will eventually be stops of the same B line, ergo B is for Boulder, not just Broomfield. There is a slight problem with funding. Barring a new effort, the extension will not be built until 2030 or even later. Yeesh.
Next, the Gold line is in testing mode with a planned opening this fall. Contributing photographer John Hill submitted a photo taken by Georgia Buechler on August 4th showing a test train stopped on the Union Pacific flyover that carries the commuter rail over the Moffat Route and California Zephyr.
The lines are quietly queuing and coming along nicely:
- A line - completed, renamed
- B line - see above
- G line - see above
- North line work beginning, to complete in 2018
- C/D line extension - not started
- E/F line extension - not started
- L line - central's north end extension, not started
- R line - construction winding down, testing to begin
- W line - completed 2013